Smoothies are a fantastic way to get your servings of fruits and veggies! My husband says blending the spinach, kale, carrots and other veggies and drinking them in a smoothie makes it “less painful.” Here are some tips for buying and using blenders for smoothies:
- Before buying a blender, think about what you will use it for; if you will be making mostly drinks with ice, make sure you buy a blender with enough power to crush ice. If you have a large familly, buy one with a larger capacity container.
- The power of a blender really depends on its motor’s wattage. The higher the wattage, the greater the power. If you’re looking for a high power unit then look for one with a minimum of 800 watts.
- Make sure that the blades are made from hardened stainless steel. This is one of the important aspects in any blender as the blades are responsible for crushing ice.
- Look for additional attachments and accessories if you need a multipurpose blender. Using accessories such as mini chopping bowls, whipping attachments and beakers makes your purchase more versatile.
- Many brands offer warranty on the blenders. Check for a warranty when buying your next blender!
Top Blender Picks!
1) Ninja Master Prep Professional QB1004
2) Vitamix 5200
3) Ninja Professional NJ600
All available on http://www.amazon.com/
Breakfast In a Glass (1 serving)
1/4 cup oats
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries etc)
1/2 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp orange zest
Blend oats in blender first until powdery. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
1 banana, frozen and then thawed 15-20 minutes
2 cups chopped spinach or kale
1 Tbsp honey
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth!
Now go blend some health for your family! And don’t forget to freeze leftovers into popsicles! Kids love them!