My son’s hockey team LOVES these muffins! I make banana, pumpkin or blueberry muffins for their pre-game snack. They usually eat them in the locker room while they get dressed an hour before game time. These muffins have a perfect ratio of carbohydrates with a small amount of protein from the greek yogurt, and they ALWAYS disappear! Make them for YOUR young athletes!
Pre-Game Anything Mini Muffins
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup raw honey
2 eggs (or 3 ounces of unsweetened applesauce)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup plain greek yogurt
3 mashed over ripe bananas*
½ cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews), optional
*Can use 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare muffin or mini muffin pan with cupcake liner or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil and honey.
- Add the eggs (or applesauce) and vanilla, and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Mix in flour mixture into coconut oil/honey mixture until smooth.
- Fold in greek yogurt, mashed bananas (or anything else) and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin/mini muffin pans, fill 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes for regular sized muffins and 10-15 minutes for mini muffins or until a toothpick comes out clean.